Sunday, September 11, 2005
What CIOs Want
The results of a quarterly national poll of more than 1,400 CIOs from U.S. companies with 100 or more employees are summarized in the Robert Half Technology IT Hiring Index and Skills Report.
The following technical skill sets are most needed by CIOs in their IT departments (percentage of CIO response):
- Microsoft Windows (NT/2000/XP) administration expertise (81%)
- SQL Server management (51%)
- wireless network management (49%)
The specialties most in demand in IT departments are as follows:
- networking (19%)
- help desk/end user support specialists (15%)
- applications developers (12%)
- data/database managers (11%)
If you are new to computer networking help is just a click away at the HP Online Learning Center. Two courses to consider include the following:Both classes begin Thursday, September 15, have no prerequisite, and are FREE.