- Pat Summitt -- seven NCAA Women's Basketball Coach of the Year awards
- Venus Williams -- seven Grand Slam tennis tournament championships
- Neil Young -- seven platinum albums
Boston's Top 100 Technology Recruiters
In the fall of 2012 Beantown Web asked the question, "Who are Boston's Rockstar Recruiters?" Welcome to the seventh installment of The List.
To begin the quest, Beantown Web identified more than 400 technology recruiters via LinkedIn. Most are located in the Boston area. Some are located in New Hampshire and Rhode Island and conduct a significant amount of business in the Boston area.
Beantown Web then turned to LinkedIn to identify customer satisfaction scores. In particular, how many people were willing to provide a public recommendation for each recruiter?
Coaches have Coach of the Year honors. Tennis players have Grand Slam Championship trophies. Musicians have platinum albums. The rest of us mere mortals have to make due with LinkedIn recommendations.
The standard to measure Rockstar Recruiters has stalled. In order for a recruiter to make the inaugural Boston Rockstar Recruiter List a mere three LinkedIn recommendations was enough to merit Rockstar status. Then, the bar was raised to five. Then, six -- for two quarters in a row. Now the bar stands at seven, for the third consecutive quarter.
Only one out of four technology recruiters in the Boston metro area has earned Boston Rockstar Recruiter status with at least seven LinkedIn recommendations received.
Boston's Top 10 Technology Recruiters
Boston's Top 10 Rockstar Recruiters play to packed houses and receive standing ovations. The best in the biz have received at least 36 recommendations from adoring fans.
Here are the Top 10 Boston Rockstar Recruiters for the second quarter of 2014 [number of LinkedIn recommendations received + given]:
- Scott Dunlop [95 + 6] -- The Bivium Group
- Chris Fountas [71 + 7] -- AVID Technical Resources
- Jamie LeBlanc [65 + 2] -- The Bivium Group
- Doug Schade [62 + 10] -- Winter Wyman
- John VanderSande [61 +2] -- WinterWyman
- Robin Napier [51 + 2] -- CyberCoders
- Chris Mitchell [41 + 4] -- Winter Wyman
- Brendan Andersen [40 + 15] -- CyberCoders
- Leanne Owens [38 + 8] -- Onward Search
- David Honig [36 + 0] -- MarketSearch
Top 10 in Assists
Some players are valuable because they score a lot of points. Others pass the ball effectively. This second list ranks "assists." It answers the following question:
"Of the recruiters listed in the Top 100, who are the most generous in offering recommendations to others?"The Top 10 (plus ties) most generous Boston Rockstar Recruiters for the second quarter [number of LinkedIn recommendations given + received]:
- David Perlman [58 + 19] -- Grenadier Search Group
- Scott Ragusa [35 + 23] -- Winter Wyman
- Marsh Sutherland [30 + 11] -- Walden Recruiting
- Carol Taylor [29 + 18] -- Private Clients
- Andrea Williams [25 + 28] -- Career Minded Recruiting LLC
- Kelley White [19 + 18] -- Advantage Technical Resourcing
- Roy Evans [18 + 34] -- CyberCoders
- Jessica Midence [17 + 22] -- unaffiliated
- Brendan Andersen [15 + 40] -- CyberCoders
- Nagesh Kumar Gona [15 + 26] -- XpertTech, Inc.
- Sean Dowling [15 + 22] -- Winter Wyman
Finally, the team scores. The following teams placed the most recruiters (at least three) in the Top 100 [number of recruiters in the Top 100]:
- CyberCoders 
- WinterWyman 
- Global Technical Talent 
- Jobspring Partners 
- Kelly IT Resources 
- PeopleSERVE Inc. 
- Softworld 
If you have technical skills and believe you offer above average value in the marketplace, then you owe it to yourself to work with recruiters who have consistently demonstrated above average customer service. Boston's Rockstar Recruiters offers you direct access to Boston's Top 100 (out of 400) Technology Recruiters.
The Boston Rockstar Recruiter Countdown begins @webapprentices and will continue throughout the second quarter listing all 100 Boston Rockstar Recruiters. Simply follow @webapprentices and connect with your favorite Boston Rockstar Recruiter each day. Each Boston Rockstar Recruiter will also be recognized on Beantown Web's Facebook page.
If you are aware of a Boston-based Technology Recruiter who has garnered at least seven LinkedIn recommendations, go to Beantown Web's Facebook page and share your Rockstar Recruiter selection with our readers. Rock on!