Thursday, June 23, 2011
Boston Market | June 2011
Web technology professionals should target advertising and marketing executives to enhance employment prospects. A net 19 percent of advertising and marketing executives plan to increase staffing levels in the third quarter. Here are the positions in top demand:
- Web designers/developers
- Mobile apps designers/developers
- Interactive marketing managers
The list of Top 20 Web Technologies in Boston has been updated and appears in the right-hand column.Each technology links to job postings at Boston.com that list that technology keyword in the job description. The number of job postings has declined over the past 30 days and this may reflect a seasonal slowdown as the summer months begin.
None-the-less, jobs are plentiful. Even the technology in position #20 -- MySQL -- is mentioned in more than 100 job postings.
~ SQL Server is mentioned three times more frequently than MySQL.
~ SQL and Oracle are mentioned eight times more frequently than MySQL.
So, the ability to store and retrieve data is at the center of today's advertising- and marketing-driven, Web development landscape.
If you are a Web technology professional and are interested in exploring opportunities in the marketplace, start with your LinkedIn list of connections. Search your connections for those that list "Marketing and Advertising" as their industry. Then, send each a message with an update on how you might be able to help them.
Advertising and marketing executives are looking for talented and experienced Web technology professionals. Let them know of your interest and availability. (If you also have a law degree, don't be shy in mentioning that skill as well!)
Saturday, June 11, 2011
Web Innovators Group | WebInno30
Eleven companies. Eleven hundred networking opportunities. All in one room. All FREE.
If you are interested in previewing the latest innovations on the Internet and mobile devices, and networking with industry leaders, then check out the next gathering of the Web Innovators Group.
This 30th installment will feature the following presentations:
- Lockify | Take control of your private communications..
- Pintly | A new kind of beer website -- one that only recommends beer you're sure to love.
- Smarterer | Show what you know by taking tests and sharing your skills.
- Apptegic | Do you know what your customers are doing?
- Fantourage | Get rewarded for fandom!
- GamesForLanguage | Learn languages the fun way!
- Goshido | Focus on doing the work that matters.
- The Happy Cloud | How longs are you willing to wait for your games?
- TourSphere | The mobile app generator for museums & cultural destinations.
- Zaarly | Helps you buy and sell with people around you.
- CLOVR Media | Card Linked Offers with Virtual Redemption.
A Startup's Guide to Navigating Agencies & Brands
A special optional breakout session will begin at 8:00 pm. The panelists will discuss how to overcome the challenges that small startup companies have in attracting the attention of digital agencies and large brands with significant ad spending power.
Moderator: Dave Balter | CEO of BzzAgent
Panelist: Edward Boches | Chief Innovation Officer of Mullen
Panelist: Jeff McMahon | CEO of Agency Oasis
Panelist: Jessica DeVlieger | V.P. of Strategic Accounts at Communispace
Monday, June 13, 2011, 6:30 pm
Registration is FREE and the networking could prove invaluable! Check out the Attendee List of more than 1,000 pre-registrants to determine if this networking event is right for you.
Registrants are encouraged to join the Boston Web Innovators Group on LinkedIn and connect with nearly 1,400 members.