Sunday, November 27, 2011
Web Innovators Group | WebInno32
Eleven companies. Eleven hundred networking opportunities. All in one room. All FREE.
If you are interested in previewing the latest innovations on the Internet and mobile devices, and networking with industry leaders, then check out the next gathering of the Web Innovators Group.
This 32nd installment will feature the following presentations:
- BestVendor | Helps you discover work apps you'll love.
- Kibits Labs | Lets you instantly connect with the people who matter most, in the moments that matter.
- Tasted Menu | Offers diners an unmatched way to rank dishes, not restaurants.
- AppBlade | It's like adding MacGyver to your development team.
- Hypr3D | Create 3D models from your images automatically.
- Daily Feats | Earn discounts for completing daily feats.
- MeetingKing | One tool to manage your meetings.
- PowerInbox | Rich apps inside your inbox.
- Take The Interview | An efficient video interviewing solution to screen candidates.
- Rejoiner | Capture pre-submit data from abandoned forms.
- Rocketmind | Develops innovative mobile games.
Tuesday, November 29, 2011, 6:30 pm
Registration is FREE and the networking could prove invaluable! Check out the Attendee List of more than 900 pre-registrants to determine if this networking event is right for you.
Monday, November 14, 2011
Boston Market | November 2011
Short term slow down or longer term trend?
Reuters is reporting that the chance of a U.S recession in 2012 now is better than 50/50.
As the European debt crisis expands and the Joint Select Committee on Deficit Reduction struggles to find common ground, employers might become more cautious in their hiring.
Boston Job Market for November
The list of Top 20 Web Technologies in Boston has been updated and appears in the right-hand column. Job postings have taken a turn in the southerly direction with only two technologies reporting an increase in postings since early October.
So, we might be witnessing an early indicator of a hiring slowdown, or perhaps, merely an early sign of a normal seasonal slowdown as we approach the year-end Holidays.
None-the-less, every technology listed features at least 100 job postings mentioning that technology. The most-frequently mentioned technology, SQL, features more than 800 job postings. So, opportunities abound for Web technology professionals with in-demand skills and experience.
Next Actions for November
Web technology professionals are encouraged to keep their skills fresh and maintain their professional connections. Two resources that Boston area Web technology professionals should consider monitoring to help expand professional connections include the following: