Tuesday, July 02, 2013
Boston's Rockstar Recruiters | Q3 2013
Six continues to be the magic number.
- The Beatles have six platinum singles.
- Jimi Hendrix has six multi-platinum albums.
- Michael Jordan has six NBA championship rings.
- Six recommendations from adoring fans
Boston's Top 100 Technology Recruiters
In the fall of 2012 Beantown Web asked the question, "Who are Boston's Rockstar Recruiters?" Welcome to the fourth installment of The List.
To begin the quest, Beantown Web identified more than 340 technology recruiters via LinkedIn. Most are located in the Boston area. Some are located in New Hampshire and Rhode Island and conduct a significant amount of business in the Boston area.
Beantown Web then turned to LinkedIn to identify customer satisfaction scores. In particular, how many people were willing to provide a public recommendation for that recruiter?
Rock 'n Rollers have platinum singles and albums. Michael Jordan has championship rings. The rest of us mere mortals have to make due with recommendations.
The market for Rockstar Recruiters remains stable. In order for a recruiter to make the inaugural Boston Rockstar Recruiter List a mere three LinkedIn recommendations was enough to merit Rockstar status. Then, the bar was raised to five. Then, six. The bar remains at six recommendations for the second quarter in a row.
Only three out to 10 technology recruiters in the Boston metro area have earned Boston Rockstar Recruiter status with at least six LinkedIn recommendations.
Boston's Top 10 Technology Recruiters
Boston's Top 10 Rockstar Recruiters play to packed houses and receive standing ovations. The best in the biz have received at least 33 Rockommendations from adoring fans.
Here are the Top 10 Boston Rockstar Recruiters for the third quarter of 2013 [number of LinkedIn recommendations received]:
- Scott Dunlop  -- The Bivium Group
- John VanderSande  -- WinterWyman
- Jamie LeBlanc  -- The Bivium Group
- Chris Fountas  -- AVID Technical Resources
- Doug Schade  -- Winter Wyman
- Robin Napier  -- CyberCoders
- Brendan Andersen  -- CyberCoders
- Leanne Owens  -- Onward Search
- David Honig  -- MarketSearch
- Chris Mitchell  -- Winter Wyman
Top 10 in Assists
Some players are valuable because they score a lot of points. Others pass the ball effectively. This quarter a new list is being introduced that ranks "assists." It answers the following:
"Of the recruiters listed in the Top 100, who are the most generous in offering recommendations to others?"The Top 10 most generous Boston Rockstar Recruiters for the third quarter [number of LinkedIn recommendations given]:
- David Perlman  -- Grenadier Search Group
- Marsh Sutherland  -- Walden Recruiting
- Carol Taylor  -- Private Clients
- Andrea Williams  -- Career Minded Recruiting LLC
- Kelley White  -- Advantage Technical Resourcing
- Matt Ramos  -- Computer Express, Inc. (CEI)
- Brendan Andersen  -- CyberCoders
- Nagesh Kumar Gona  -- XpertTech, Inc.
- Jonathan Anderson  -- Softworld
- Jack Fellers  -- Hollister, Inc.
Finally, the team scores. The following teams placed the most recruiters (at least three) in the Top 100 [number of recruiters in the Top 100]:
- HireMinds 
- WinterWyman 
- AVID Technical Resources 
- Jobspring Partners 
- Onward Search 
- PeopleSERVE Inc. 
- Softworld 
- The FootBridge Companies 
If you are aware of a Boston-based Technology Recruiter who has garnered at least six LinkedIn recommendations, go to Beantown Web on Facebook and share your Rockstar Recruiter selection with our readers. Rock on!