The third Ignite Boston will be held this week:
- Thursday, May 29
- 6 pm to 10 pm
- Tommy Doyle's in Harvard Square, Cambridge, MA
The event is FREE and open to anyone interested in learning about Web 2.0 developments in the greater Boston area. This event is sponsored by Microsoft and features a preview of Microsoft's new WorldWide Telescope.
The event is coordinated by O'Reilly Media, Inc. whose founder, Tim O'Reilly, is credited with coining the phrase Web 2.0. The event features two keynote speakers followed by at least 16 five-minute "lightening talks" on various Web 2.0-related topics.
- Jonathan Zdziarski, author of iPhone Open Application Development
- John Viega, author of Secure Programming Cookbook
- Stage Magic in Virtual Worlds | Fish Fishman
- Microsoft Research: WorldWide Telescope (WWT) | Paul Oka
- DIY-biology | Mackenzie Cowell
- Interface Design Tenets for Beautiful Design | Juhan Sonin
- Voting Machinery for the Masses | Benjamin Mako Hill
- Friend Discovery & File Sharing in Downtown Boston | Polychronis Ypodimatopoulos
- HealthMap: Automated disease outbreak monitoring | Clark Freifeld
- Distributed Twitter | Joe Cascio
- The Open Source Marketing Checklist | Jeff Whatcott
- Web 2.0 is Sharecropping | Jesse Vincent
- Digital Goods, The Future of Online Communities | Brian Balfour
- The Environmental Footprint of a Website | Alexander Wissner-Gross
- Kickballin' & Parallaxin' | Patrick Haney
- Free (as in Beer) Pictures, Videos, Stories | Colin Britton
- Telepresence Robots on a Budget | Andrei Kersha
Ignite events are held periodically in various locations around the globe including Seattle and San Francisco. Upcoming events are scheduled for Philadelphia and Paris.
If you preregister for the Boston event, you become eligible for a chance to win $300 worth of O'Reilly books of your choosing. RSVP by sending an e-mail to IgniteBoston at oreilly dot com.