The Champion Technology
Congratulations to SQL (Kansas) for defeating GitHub (North Carolina) in the 2022 March Tech Madness Championship game.
The Final Four Technologies
The four surviving technologies in this year's competition are as follows:
- #3 SQL (Kansas) | 6,940 job postings
- #7 Azure (Villanova) | 4,131 job postings
- #8 SaaS (Duke) | 4,301 job postings
- #30 GitHub (North Carolina) | 904 job postings
The Sweet 16 Technologies
Three of the top four seeds in this year's tournament advanced to the Sweet 16 and one was eliminated:
- Python (Gonzaga) | advanced
- agile (Arizona) | advanced
- SQL (Kansas) | advanced
- AWS (Baylor) | eliminated
The Cinderalla technology in this year's tournament is the following:
- Vue (St. Peter's)
Here is the updated bracket leading into the Sweet 16 competition (click to expand).
The 68 Technologies
The National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) announced the 68 teams invited to participate in the 2022 Men's basketball tournament, commonly referred to as March Madness. These teams are ranked from 1 to 68.
Beantown Web publishes the Boston Web Tech Job Market which analyzes the technology job market in the Boston metro area. This analysis ranks employer demand for technologies based on the number of times each technology appears in job postings on Indeed. These technologies are ranked from 1 to 68.
Beantown Web has replaced each ranked team with their correspondingly ranked technology and repurposed the March Madness bracket to create the March Tech Madness bracket.
The top four seeds in this year's tournament are as follows:
- Python (Gonzaga) | 9,591 job postings
- agile (Arizona) | 9,115 job postings
- SQL (Kansas) | 7,095 job postings
- AWS (Baylor) | 7,352 job postings
The Sweet 16 winners are being counted down as the tournament progresses and a champion is crowned. Follow along on Beantown Web's Twitter page @webapprentices.
View all recent Boston Web Tech Job Market blog postings.